Mordor Patch 1.05 changes released - Official News
Posted by: Digz on 09-01-2006 @ 05:53 - Source: EA Predator
This News Item has been viewed 3,625 times
These are the mordor patch changes for patch 1.05 from the EA forums however written by Predator not Apoc:
APOC had a plan in place to release the Mordor change-list today, so here you go. I have posted it below. Before you get there though, here is a brief update on the patch. Localization efforts took longer than expected, and apologies, but this is one massive patch from what I understand. It's no surprise that it took a while to ensure all language versions were correct.
I know APOC was intent on seeing this patch delivered in mid- August, but technical delays were out of his control. Sometimes a Community Manager needs to make a judgement call, and sometimes luck doesn't wind up in his favor. Tough to please two crowds )
The patch is being submitted to the final testing phase which generally takes up to two weeks to complete and put live. Now, I will keep you up to date and the stars look aligned to keep this patch on track.
Here is the Mordor change-list:
•Orc warrior buildtime 14s (from 25s), cost 50 (from 100), speed 40 (from 50), population 40 (from 60); damage is now 12 Uruk (from 20 slash), delay between shots 2.4 s (from 1s), +80% damage bonus vs structures; more resistant to pierce (120% from 150%) and Uruk (50% from 100%), more vulnerable to slash (100% from 70%) and poison (150% from 100%); bloodthirst experience bonus +150% (from +95%)
•Orc archer now has a 40% miss ratio, range 250 (from 275), max reload time 0.7s (from 2s), speed 57 (from 50), health 200 (from 100), range 250 (from 275), flame damage 40 (from 20); more crush vulnerable (300% from 200%), crush revenge does 14 slash (from 5 pierce)
• Soldier of Rhun more resistant to Uruk (50/25% from 200/80%), hero (150/90% from 200/100%) and hero-ranged (160/80% from 200/100%)
• Corsair of Umbar vision range 320 (from 275); more resistant to pierce (75% from 150%), hero-ranged (100% from 200%),crush (75% from 125%), flame (50% from 100%), cavalry (75% from 150%), magic and structural (50% from 100%) damage types; firebomb damage reduced (15 from 25), flame decay increased (16 from 10, original 25), attack reload increased (3.8s from 1.3s), attack range 170 (from 100), minimum range 100 (from 50), bombard attack range 330 (from 100)
•Haradrim Archer health reduced (250 from 400), barbed arrow now has to be researched (1000 cost on level 1 tavern), equip cost 200, damage type hero-ranged (from pierce), reload much faster (6s from 60s), small chance of knocking back heroes
• Mountain Troll cost 600 (from 500), speed 78 (from 55), rock attack reload slower (9s from 6s); more vulnerable to pierce (100% from 25%), crush (50% from 1%), more resistant to slash (15% from 100%), uruk (15% from 100%) and hero damage (100% from 200%)
•Attack Troll (1100 from 1000) buildcosts increased; more vulnerable to structural (35% from 25%), flame and magic (60% from 50%) damage types, population 75 (from 50), damage penalty vs heroes -25% (from -50%)
•Drummer troll cost 400 (from 750), speed 40 (from 32); more resistant to pierce (15% from 25%), hero- ranged (75% from 200%), flame (15% from 75%), magic (15% from 200%) and structural (10% from 100%); leadership effectiveness range 320 (from 200)
• Mumakil cost 1800 (from 1600), more resistant to slash (15% from 100%), specialist (35% from 175%), hero (75% from 200%) and structural (20% from 25%); more vulnerable to pierce (75% from 25%), hero- ranged (200% from 100%), siege (150% from 100%), flame (275 from 175%) and magic (225% from 175%); experience requirements doubled, speed 45 (from 50), crush damage 800 (from 400); charge trample now does 40x damage to heroes, reload 45s (from 30s); now comes with a haradrim lancer horde which can be evacuated (additional 30 command points)
•Level 2 Troll, Level 3 Attack Troll and Level 4 Mumakil now heal when out of combat
• Battering Ram cost 450 (from 350); more vulnerable to crush damage (40% from 1%), more resistant to siege (30% from 100%), hero (120% from 200%) and flame and magic damage (30% from 100%)
•Fortress flaming munitions upgrade now global (affects all fortresses and barricades)
• Tavern cost 300 (from 500), level 2 upgrade cost 700 (from 500), level 3 cost 500 (from 1000); Heavy Armor requires level 2, Fire arrow research cost 650 (from 1000)
•Mordor Barricade Expansion cost reduced (400 from 600), faster buildtime (20s from 30s)
• Gate Watcher attack range (100 from 150) and fear radius (150 from 200) reduced
• Mordor Siege Works cost reduced (500 from 800), level 2 upgrade cost increased (800 from 500)
• Awaken wyrm and barrage powers position switched; Barrage now has a 3s delay after firing, spread apart in a larger radius (225 from 150), damage 400 (from 150), shockwave power 75 (from 50)
•Barricade power position switched by industry; Barricade archers range 320 (from 275), minimum reload time 0.8 s (from 1.5s), -40% damage penalty vs heroes and structures
• Fellbeast armor more resistant to pierce and hero-ranged (80% from 100%), flame and magic (160% from 200%), more vulnerable to structural (100% from 50%); buildtime 95s (from 60s), plow damage now Hero type (from Siege)
•Nazgul Rider cost 1100 (from 1000), minimum speed 58% (from 50%), flank bonus 500% (from 350%), base health 1650 (from 2000), unmounted pre-attack delay 50 ms (from 500 ms), crush damage 60 (from 80); mounted attack range 25 (from 11.5), mount toggle delay 750ms from 2s; Morgul Blade recharge 1m40s (from 45s)
• Mouth of Sauron cost 2000 (from 1500), health 2800 (from 5000), buildtime 70s (from 45s), unmounted armor type hero-light (from hero), mounted armor tough-hero (from hero- mounted); detects stealth (450 range), attack has splash damage (11.5 radius); Evil Eye on level 3 (from 10), damage halved against ents; dissent level 10 (from 6), radius 160 (from 100) and recharge 3m20s (from 2m)
•Witchking buildtime 115s (from 60s), unmounted armor is tough-hero, arc of attack 80 (from 40); mounted armor more fire vulnerable (250% from 200%); war mace no longer hits friendly units
09-01-2006 @ 19:25 - FileFront Network Insider #62
08-30-2006 @ 03:08 - Rise to Rome 2: A new Screenshot
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Lord of the Rings Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 6 | Last comment: 05-30-2010 at 03:55
Joined: February 12th, 2006
|Mordor Barricade?????? |
Joined: October 30th, 2005
|It's the Mordor equivalent of a fortress tower. Since Mordor doesn't get walls, their fortress has stronger defenses. |
Mordor also gets Barricades as a level 10 ring power.
The patch is really taking an interesting twist, looking foward to seeing how it turns out
Joined: August 18th, 2006
|mordor does so get walls, isengard and goblins are the only factions that don't get walls, mordor, men of the west, elves and dwarves get walls |
Joined: August 18th, 2006
|sry about that last comment. Correction: While mordor does get some kind of wall u cant put catulults and stuffs on it. They should get walls like the dol gulder good campaign |
|Digz (Staff) |
Joined: March 26th, 2006
|Mordor get majorly buffed in this game with orcs price to 50 they could even now challenge the goblins to beat their early spam, maybe mordor wont fear gobs anymore! |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!