|RJ RotWK (v1.06) - File Description
| Tech: 9 |
Item Placement: 9
Size vs. Usefulness: 10
Installation Instructions: 10
Overall Rating: 9.8
Finally a new version of the RJ RotWK Mod is here!
Features of RJ - RotWK 1.06 (A Mod for Battle for Middle Earth: The Rise of the Witch-King)
- 10 Factions including Gondor, Rohan, Dwarves, Elves (3 sub-factions), Arnor, Mordor, Isengard, Wild, Men of the East (2 sub-factions), and Angmar
- Many of the factions have been completely revamped
- Over 70+ new heroes/units/structres and more have been added, with 6 new fortress, 5 new walls, a slew of heroes, and a new inn system.
- A return to the feel of BFME1
- Smaller combinable hordes - 100s of different combinations
- All units can level to 10, not just heroes, and they level with increases similar to BFME1
- Structures can level up through experience as well as a purchased upgrade
- A move towards making each faction's play style unique and different, to bring out the character of the faction
- A camera system has been added to many of the maps, letting you explore the game and Middle-Earth in entirely new ways.
- A huge amount of high-quality skins for new and existing units/heroes
- Hundreds of pieces of art for new and existing units/structures/heroes
- So many other minor changes to enhance your enjoyment of the game.
| || || |
|RJ RotWK (v1.06) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|RJ RotWK (v1.06) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|RJ RotWK (v1.06) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Welcome to RJ-RotWK v1.05.06
The installation should be easy and painless if you follow the below instructions.
1) Open the RJ_RotWK.rar file
2) Extract the contents of the file to your c: drive. (If you are using winRar, just drag the RJ_RotWK_1_06 folder to you c: drive)
3) In the contents of your C: drive directory you will see a RJ_RotWK shortcut, or you can also find it in the .rar file. Move that wherever you would like to store it
4) Double-click the shortcut and the mod will run
A check list for trouble-shooting:
- Verify that the folder RJ_RotWK_1_06 is in your C: directory. (Or you can move it wherever you want, but you'll need to change the path in the shortcut)
- Verify that you are using the 2.01 patch
- Verify that the shortcut has the correct path for where you installed the game. By default it will assume that you installed it here - "C:Program FilesElectronic ArtsThe Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king"
- Sometimes you'll have to clear out your my RotWK files in your appdata folder.
If you have any problems or questions, please go to my site and click on forums to get to ask any questions:
Thank you for playing,
Robert J. (robnkarla)
Welcome to RJ-RotWK v1.06 Beta - a massive modification to EA's BFME2 Expansion - Rise of the Witch-King
It been over a year since the last release, and it's time to release another version for everyone to play. The mod is still in the beta phase as not everything is completed and some areas are still previews and WIP, but we felt the mod was in good enough shape to create this version.
So what is new in version 1.06?
- Elven Faction has been split into 3 parts - Rivendell, Lothlorien, Mirkwood (Mirkwood still not playable as the base)
- A large number of new maps have been added (custom maps, converted BFME1 maps, etc.)
- The Leadership system has been revamped
- Balance has been completely redone
- All heroes now have their own powers and abilities. The blue wizards are as complete as Gandalf and Saruman.
- Many new models have been added outside of the Elves. The Radagast, Romestamo, & Morinehtar have their own models, as well as many others that you'll find as you explore
- Nearly all new structures have normal maps applied to them, bringing out all of their detail to the fullest extent
- Some new skins for the Dwarves have been added
- Goblins now will come without armor and will gain armor as you upgrade them
- The AI for Elves, Arnor, MotE, & Rohan has been added on any map that has the camera sytem
- The AI now puchases the spells the way they should from their pp tree
- MotE have a completely new pp tree
- and so much more
By the onset of the third age, three main regions of elven settlement remained in Rivendell, Lothlorien, and Mirkwood. 1.06 allows you to play as these factions individually and together, by choosing elves as the faction when setting up the game. Choose carefully, as each elvish force is suited to a particular style of battle.
At the start of the game, you will begin with an unbuilt fortress. Clicking the fortress allows you to choose either Lothlorien or Rivendell. (Unfortunately choosing Mirkwood is not available in version 1.06 as the mod is a work in progress and the faction's structures have not been completed.) Once the fortress is built you will be able to build your structures from your porter.
All elven fortresses, with the exception of the Noldehil, are recruited from a training grounds. This is a structure which can be upgraded to specialize in a choice of combat disciplines, allowing more skilled troops to be trained. The Rivendell trianing grounds allows the training of barracks units when built, and can be ugpraded with either an archery range or a stable. The Lothlorien training ground allows the training of archers when built, and can be upgraded with either a barracks or a stable.
The Elven kingdoms will ride to the aid of another, should it be assaulted by the enemy. You can summon the aid of troops from the two elven regions which you did not choose at the start of the game by lighting the beacom on the fortress.
Mapping has always been an important aspect of the mod, starting with the first RJ maps to mix BFME1 and BFME2 gameplay. With version 1.06 not only are we adding 20+ skirmish maps, but we are laying the groundwork for 2 very important areas: a new living, WotR map and campaigns. A very important note, almost every in-game image in this update was taken during regular gameplay. There were no additional camera animations to obtain these shots, just regular gameplay.
Among the maps included in this update are: A scaled version of Minas Tirith, Cair Andros, Osgiliath, Tolfalas, The Lonely Mountain, Dol Amroth, Lake Evendim, Hobbiton, Fords of Bruinen, Lanthir Lamath, Brethil, Combe Valley, and more. Most of the maps are built from scratch, though there are a few converted skirmish maps from existing campaign maps. Also, there a number of BFME1 maps will be converted and included with AI and RJ features.
You'll also get a preview of the new living map, which has more than 100 territories split across 10 regions. Almost all of the territories from BFME1's campaign, BFME2, and more have been added. This alone has become one of the largest projects for BFME, but it has been incredible to work on with the mapping team.
As for the campaign, you will not see much work on the campaign in 1.06. You'll still have the first 10 maps of the non-linear campaign and a preview of the good linear campaign. 1.06 is all about laying the ground-work for the campaign, from splitting up the Elves to their respective locales to expanding up different aspects of each faction to finally the maps where the battles/action will take place. Many of the new maps will take a central role in one if not more of the campaigns
List of maps with the camera system:
Brethil, Cair Androws (Dawnless Day), Combe Valley, Dimrill Dale, Dol Amroth, Eastfold, Hobbiton, Lake Evendim, Lanthir Lamath, Scaled Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Swan Fleet, Tolfalas, Lonely Mountain, Anorien, Central Ithilien, Crossroads, Druadan Forest, Dunharrow, East Emnet, Eastern Rohan, Eastfold, Eaves of Fangorn, Emyn Arnen, Emyn Muil, Harondor, Lebennin, Mirkwood, Northern Ithilien, Nurn, Pelargir, West Emnet, West Fold, Wold, Amon Hen, Caras Galadhon, Deadman's Dike, Lake-Town, Anorien, Belfalas, Cair Andros, Dunharrow, Fords of Isen, Mouths of the Entwash, Old Brown Lands, Amon Sul Ruins, Angalas, Angmar, Black Gate, Buckland, Dagorlad, Dead Marshes, Dol Guldur, Ettenmoors, Evendim, Fangorn, Grey Havens, Grey Mountains, Harad, Harlindon, Harlond, Helm's Deep, Minas Morgul, Minas Tirith, Mount Doom, Nanduhirion, Rhun, Shire, Stonewain Valley, Tower Hills, Weathertop, Withered Heath
I hope that is enough :P
Those are the big areas of change in 1.06. check out the news items to follow any other changes that have not been outlined here.
A huge thanks goes out to the team, the beta testers, and all those who've donated to the mod. The credits file and the credits on the site will have everything listed out.
Thank you for playing,
Many items found in the mod are not my creation and thus I cannot give permission for their use. Check the credits for who to contact if seeking permission. At this time no one is allowed to use items found within the mod for another public mod witout the express permission given by Robert J./robnkarla. This will change once the mod is complete, but until then nothing can be used elsewhere without consent.
|RJ RotWK (v1.06) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Lord of the Rings Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 77 | Last comment: 01-03-2014 at 03:53
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!