|Battle for Middle Earth II Patch 1.03 (English) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Battle for Middle Earth II Patch 1.03 (English) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Patch 1.03 Change-List
To download the patch, simply boot up the game, log in to Multiplayer with your EA account, and you will be instructed to automatically download the patch.
Version 1.03 - April, 2006
Certain firewall and antivirus applications will block the following IRC ports: 6667-6669. These are required for successful connectivity with the Gamespy Online service. Please ensure that these ports are not being blocked by these applications to ensure successful online connectivity.
Crashes and Desyncs
* Fixed Crash when hosting an 8 player MP game with a min spec RAM machine
* Fixed Crash associated with Gloin?s Slam ability
* Fixed Crash associated with waiting in the online lobby
* Fixed Crash when using team chat
* Fixed Desync with AI casting Dwarven Riches
* Fixed Desync that occurs in War of the Ring when a human player is defeated in his home territory on the same turn as an ally defeats an AI player in their home territory
* Fixed potential Desync with users being able to edit CAH .inis
The following new maps have been added to MP / Skirmish:
* Fords of Isen II
* Tournament Hills
* Weather Hills
* Grey Havens ? Garrison-able tower now appears for all players
* Mirkwood ? Top center starting position has had mountains removed to make it more balanced
* Minas Morgul ? Fixed bug where Drogoth could not use his incinerate ability in pathable areas
* Elven AI will now cast Enshrouding Mist and Farsight
* AI controlled Dwarven heroes now use all of their special abilities
* AI controlled Dwarves will now use the Citadel spell
* AI controlled Eowyn will now use her special abilities
Create A Hero
* Other CAHs will no longer taunt stealthed Archer CAHs
* Fell Beasts will no longer attacked disguised CAHs
* Dwarf CAH Sapper ability range increased
* Mousing over a disguised CAH no longer reveals the player?s name
* Recommended Attributes will now reset correctly
* Elendil ability no longer works on Mumakil
* Fixed exploit where units summoned using Call Reinforcements would not disappear if they were healed
* Fixed bug with Elven Archer CAH not attacking certain targets
War of the Ring
* Games can now be sorted using the different column headers
* Settings for custom rules are now remembered when creating a new game
* You can now kick an AI opponent out of a game in the lobby
* Experience gained for armies under the effect of a Leadership bonus is now factored correctly
* During the tactical phase, you can no longer mouse over enemy scaffolding to see what they are building
* Fixed enemy start position when enemy is attacking from Rohan to Dead Marshes
* While one player is waiting for another player to accept a save, all timers will stop
* Client can now see a list of Save Games that have been saved by the host
* AI will no longer build a fortress on phase 1 of the skirmish. This will make them more effective against the player
* Ladder bug fix: If players begin a Quick Match game and one of the players happens to disconnect during loading, the match will be counted as null and neither player?s record will be impacted. However, the player that does not disconnect will still see the ?Victorious? splash screen after the disconnect window. Please be aware this is a UI inconsistency, and that player will not actually receive a Win on their record for this match.
* Fixed a bug where players were able to place a building and have it instantly appear as fully built, at no cost. All buildings should now build normally, with appropriate costs.
* Shadow maps have been improved on Ultra-High setting
* The WItchking is now counted as part of the Hero Lost stat
* Drogoth is now counted as part of the Heroes Defeated stat
* Fixed progression blocker in Advanced Tutorial where player could become stuck if Earthquake was not cast in the correct spot
* In the MP lobby, typing a message in the ?Everyone? room will now send a message to everyone
* When you have your chat tab open, you will no longer hear a ?ping? anytime someone sends a new message
* Load screens for MP / Skirmish games now show the start position of the player and his teammates
* All statue and well build costs normalized to 300
* All statue and well build times normalized to 45 seconds. Dwarf statue requires 50 seconds, and MOTW statue requires 60 seconds
* Men and Dwarf statue health normalized to 1500
* Fortress defenses (boiling oil/magma/etc ) damage increased from 200 to 600
* Fortress artillery expansions no longer override a player-issued bombard command
* Fortresses now take damage if attacked while they are under construction
* Wall segment cost has been reduced from 100 to 50
* Canceling a wall segment now refunds the cost of upgrades that are under construction
* All Farms / Mineshafts / Mallorn Trees / Forge Works normalized to health 2000, experience levels reached at 1500/3000, and level resource multipliers 1.25/1.5
* Fog of War reveal now matches position of all units in porcupine formation
* All Archer Bombard buttons on the Palantir have been moved to the last slot. You can now group select Fighters and Archers and give them their upgrades at the same time. This fix has NOT been made for Elven and MOTW archers yet.
* Harvest Resource ability now works for all selected laborers
* Selecting Summoned Dunedain Allies and pressing E will now also select all Dunedain Rangers built from the Inn
* Units can no longer use unit specific abilities when stunned by Cloud Break
* Fixed bug where units produced from an Inn would become invincible and non-selectable if they were built at the same time an enemy captured the Inn
* Fixed bug where archers were not shifting from bombard to normal attack correctly
* The Summoned Dragon?s Reposition ability has been assigned the hotkey ?R?
* The Troll?s Pick up Goblin ability has been assigned to the hotkey ?P?
* Fixed bug where summoned units would stay around indefinitely if they were healed
* Fixed exploit with Sauron?s Terrible Fury timer
* Fixed bug where the number that appears when selling off a building was not accurate
* Siege Unit armor against ranged attacks increased; damage taken from ranged heroes reduced from 200% to 5%, damage taken from pierce damage reduced from 25% to 5%
* Gloin cost raised to 2000, respawn cost raised to 1500, damage reduced to 300, Shake Foundation reload time increased from 60 to 180
* Gloin's Shake Foundation now does 50% less damage to fortresses
* Gloin now paths through infantry when targeting special abilities (e.g. slam)
* Gloin?s Slam ability now works against the Mordor fortress
* Fixed responsiveness bug with Gloin?s Slam ability
* Dwarven Tower health increased to 3000; build time set to 60 seconds
* Battlewagon Pike Upgrade damage reduced from 1000 to 50
* Battlewagon ranged passengers can now fire while battlewagon is moving
* Battlewagon Hearth upgrade will now respawn fallen horde members
* Phalanx units that appear as part of Dain?s Summon Royal Guard ability can now be placed in porcupine formation
* Dwarves can now garrison damaged Citadel
* Delay added to Dwarven Hearth?s auto-heal timer
* Rebuild spell now works on Dwarven Hearth
* Dwarven Mighty Catapult can now be cast on water
* Elven Barracks build time increased from 15 seconds to 30 seconds.
* Elven Tower health reduced to 1500; build time increased to 60 seconds
* Elven Tower garrisoned units now fire from correct point
* Mirror of Galadriel health set to 1000
* Thranduil arrow damage decreased from 200 to 100
* Thranduil now de-stealths when firing on open terrain. If he is near trees, he remains stealthed while firing.
* Using Thranduil?s Dead Eye ability and giving attack order immediately after will no longer cancel Dead Eye and reset the timer
* Legolas arrow damage decreased from 200 to 150
* Mithlond Sentry pike attack delay reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
* Bombardment ship now has a ?Stop Bombardment? button
* Hotkey to build Haldir is now ?I?
* Silverthorne Arrow upgrade damage changed (+50% pierce damage, -50% magic damage)
* Spider Rider arrow damaged reduced from 100 to 50
* Shelob damage from magic increased from 25% to 100%
* Shelob damage from pikes increased from 25% to 125%
* Shelob now glows when affected by poison
* Shelob?s Poisoned Stinger and Instill Terror can now be set to auto-cast simultaneously
* Spiderling damage against structures reduced by 50%
* Spiderling Venom Sack upgrade cost reduced from 1000 to 200
* Goblin Fighter poison changed (was 20/second for 5 seconds, now is 4/second for 30 seconds)
* Goblin Tower health reduced to 1500; build time increased to 60 seconds
* Fire Drake now has an attack run
* Goblin Fortress Giant upgrade now has bombard ability
* Drogoth now damages structures on every pass
* Fixed bug where garrisoned Goblin Sentry Tower would ignore player command to attack a new target
* Isengard Tower health increased to 3000; build time set to 60 seconds
* Berserkers can no longer be buffed
* Sharku can no longer garrison towers
* Ballista minimum range increased from 40 to 100
Men of the West
* Theoden's Glorious Charge and King's Favor abilities swapped in level (KF now 4 and GC now 6)
* Theoden's Glorious Charge reload increased from 120 seconds to 240 seconds
* MOTW Tower health increased to 3000; build time set to 60 seconds
* Fixed a bug with Faramir incorrectly switching between sword and bow
* If Gollum is found using the Ivory Tower upgrade, pressing spacebar will jump to his location
* Hotkey to build Boromir is now ?I?
* Non-upgraded Trebuchet no longer does double damage versus units
* Haradrim Palace build cost reduced from 500 to 300
* Haradrim Archer damage increased from 38 to 64
* Easterling build cost reduced from 400 to 300
* Easterling build time reduced from 45 to 25
* Easterling pike attack delay reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
* Mordor Tower health increased to 3000; build time set to 60 seconds
* The Bloodthirst ability now gives orcs full experience points
* Players can no longer counter Mouth of Sauron?s Dissent ability by ordering their units to attack another target
* Units under the effect of the Mouth of Sauron?s Dissent ability can now be ordered to attack their own resource structures
* Orc Laborer now affected by Nazgul Screech
* Orc Laborer now receives Leadership Buff
* Orc Warriors will no longer attempt to garrison the siege tower. They can only enter the tower once it?s attached to the wall.
* Black Riders will no longer use Morgul Blade against already dead units
* Fell Beasts now damage structures on every pass
Version 1.02 - March 10, 2006
* Fixed a bug where the game would erroneously report Tournament match results.
* Two unconfirmed desync fixes. We know there?s at least one more out there and are still investigating.
* Game will sometimes crash while lobby screen is open. Pressing sort columns repeatedly can cause it to happen more often.
* Rank will correctly appear next to player names in online lobbies. Game no longer spams Gamespy server with unnecessary persistent storage requests.
Version 1.01 - February 8, 2006
* Improved the overall stability of the game.
* Fixed several known desyncs.
|Battle for Middle Earth II Patch 1.03 (English) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Lord of the Rings Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 4 | Last comment: 04-18-2009 at 00:24
Joined: July 21st, 2006
No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
Please obey the simple rules on this site. In case you are not aware, you can find these rules just below the last comment left for the file, above the Comments section input field. This is your warning.
Joined: September 29th, 2007
|thanks man i appreciate it |
Joined: September 29th, 2007
|do i need this version to download patch v.1.04 |
Joined: April 18th, 2009
|nice work thanks |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!